e-learning - future of education?

Saturday, September 23, 2006

E-learning blog - Summary

Time is over!
My countdown clock definitely shows that time of writing blog is over (now the timer shows time after deadline). That’s why I decided to write summary posts.

What I have done?
Well...During 4 months (with some breaks) I tried to discover the possibility of e-tools that may give opportunity or threat publishers or just change the environment in which traditional textbook publishing house operates. Additionally, I went though many DBE tools that maybe or may not be use in e-learning.

Writing my blog I did it from the perspective of students/pupils in the age of 3-19 because WSiP (company I work for) operates in that segment. E-learning is for sure much more developed in the professional business trainings and in academic education. Today we can easily study on-line!

E-learning is the future of education!
However, we can not easily predict when the blackboard will be totally rid off from schools and would be replaced by electronic devices but I am convinced that process is only question of time. Why? It is cheaper, more attractive, more convenient and probably gives better results. Even it will not be implemented as a primary method of education in each levels (from many reasons) e-learning tools maybe used as supplement to more conventional methods.

Access to information (learning materials)
Nowadays, Internet is everywhere and we can find any information in it. Access to the information is not the problem anymore, the problem is to select them and find the best source of it. Thanks google that process is more and more easy but still not perfect!

Development of Web 2.0 and community-made-content always rise the problem of reliability of information. Look at wiki technology that from one side gives unlimited and free access to knowledge but from other sides still make suspicions of the value and reliability of the information.

Free information is a threat to publishers!
Open source movement and wiki based websites offering a free software and free access to knowledge maybe a dead-threat to publishers that take their profits from selling for instance books. Despite many of them says “we do not sell books, we sell knowledge” who will want to buy the knowledge if it would be (almost) for free.

Thanks!
Thanks to Rile for the course and assignment form and thanks to my blogger-mat! Special thanks to Borys, BelaMBA, Man1ana, e-grasshopper, DzejDzej, Blogproof for intersting blogs and comments. I wish I didn’t read all of the posts yet. ( I hope I will manage to do it)

It was new experience to write that blog. Even now I know I didn’t go through all of problems of e-learning. Probably each next day I will discover new tools and new ideas because internet is probably the fastest developing business environment.

2 Comments:

  • I have not graded all assignments yet, all I can say for now is that I wish I could have graded you higher. Unfortunately there is no higher grade to get :-D
    Thank you for your efforts, your devotion, consistency, and all the things I learned from you.

    By Blogger 3ille, at 5:20 pm  

  • Well. As I am aware you can grade some students as 5.5. :)))

    By Blogger Forty4, at 10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home